26th IAVSD Symposium on the Dynamics of Vehicles on Roads and on Tracks – IAVSD 2019
Gothenburg, August 2019
IAVSD 2019 was held at Gothenburg, Sweden, from 12th to 16th August 2019
The Symposium was organized by the Department of Mechanics and Maritime Sciences of Chalmers University of Technology together with the Chalmers Railway Mechanics (CHARMEC) and the Vehicle and Traffic Safety Centre at Chalmers (SAFER) with Assoc.Prof. M. Klomp as Chairperson of the Symposium and Prof. J. Nielsen and Assoc.Prof. F. Bruzelius as International Scientific Committee Chairs.
A total of 341 abstracts were submitted of which 130 were road related and 211 were rail related.
Total number of the oral and poster papers is 226. 141 papers were accepted for oral presentation including 59 road papers and 82 rail papers and a further 85 papers were accepted for poster presentation.
Additionally there were five invited state-of-the-art presentations/papers:
- Modelling, simulation and evaluation of ground vibration caused by rail vehicles
- Train–track–bridge dynamic interaction: a state-of-the-art review (free access)
- Trends in vehicle motion control for automated driving on public road
- Uncertainty quantification in vehicle dynamics
- Connected and automated road vehicles: state of the art and future challenges
Papers 1-4 were published in a special issue of Vehicle System Dynamics (VSD) issued to all delegates at the symposium, paper 5 in a later issue of VSD.
366 delegates attended the symposium from 28 countries.
Several technical visits related to road (AstaZero, driving simulators at Chalmers, VTI and Volvo Cars) and railway vehicles (The West Link, SweMaint) were arranged, as well as a visit to the Port of Gothenburg.